We've now reached Fall Reading Days, and we've been watching to see how everyone uses the new space. There are a few odds and ends to still be wrapped up, but overall the ground floor has come together.
It's been an amazing transformation over the summer that's included:
- Relocating many of our bound journals to Knouse (off-site storage)
- Relocating VHS to Knouse and creating more room for the DVD collection
- Removing many existing walls for more light and greater student space
- Creating two group study rooms
- Building a larger, more open library classroom
- Completely renovating the ground floor restrooms
- A water fountain on the ground floor!
- Installing new lighting and carpet
- Reupholstering our original furniture to match the new space
- Installing a black and white and color copier
- Purchasing two touch-screen scanning stations